Wednesday 10 December 2008

Looking Good

Sometimes a girl needs a good old shake!! Dont you agree??
Daddys got a new camera so now Zala and I look even better, although I think Zalas taken her modeling a bit far with the ear action shot!
But at the end of the day you cant beat a good pose....... you have to look like you know what your doing even if your just trying to impress.
Personally I find the old 'ear radar' works well in finding game.

I am pleased to say that all my scars are healing and I am almost back to fighting fittness. Almost 'cos I am having a bit of a 'hurty paw' relaps after my 'stick in the foot' incident in June. I think I just strained it but there is a bit of a lump and though the x-ray didn't show anything I'm stuck on the lead for 3 whole weeks. Plus my tablets for the swelling make my tummy poorly so Mum stopped giving me them but is threatening to get some others. Boo!!

The worst thing is that I miss 3 weeks of shooting and can't get off the lead untill the Boxing Day shoot. In fact 'cos I've been so accident prone and poorly this year Mum says we will just right off 2008 and see what next year brings. Hopefully more shooting. fast running, working tests and pointing tests. If I stop being rubbish she said we might do a novice field trial but I don't think she is holding out much hope of me behaving!!

All these photos were taken at our shoot weekend at the end of November when we got to stay in a hotel and sleep on the big bed with Mum and Dad. It was so cool and I managed to steal most of Daddys pillow, Oops!

But at the end of the day its nice to get back home and steal Daddys hot water bottle instead!

12 comments:

Gennasus said...

Fab photos! Just love that frosty heather and it sets off a vizsla's look to perfection

Andrew Campbell said...

Rez+ Zala: those pics are great! Especially love the 'ear radar' photo... everything is so much clearer now.

What's with the hot water bottle? Your dad has two red-blooded red-dogs to keep his footsies warm. A hot-water bottle is a virtual insult. I think you were fully within your rights to abscond with such an offensive item.

best from here
A+M+M+J

Rez said...

But it gets cold in Scotland and I like to snuggle. Not allowed to work so might as well go for the sympathy vote!

Anonymous said...

Love the photos. Thanks also for your lovely comment on my blog. I can assure you that I am not that patient and still get annoyed with her at times.

I just really enjoy training. At the moment I am having fun training Ziggi to walk backwards up the stairs lol!

We have about 4 steps so far.

Rez said...

Are stairs those things Mum goes up at night! I can jump from one sofa to the other with a toy in my mouth and wake Zala up by stealing her bed. I think I have a long way to go.

Anonymous said...

Yep those are stairs. Usually I go up with my head first but for some reason mum wants me to go up bum first!?!?!?!?!?! No idea why. I don't mind though as I get loads of treats and a whole handful when I get to the top. Makes me want to get there quicker every time and I can now do 5 stairs at once.

I am very impressed with your sofa hopping + toy carrying. I don't really get the whole carrying of toys but again mum gives me treats and cuddles whenever I have a toy in my mouth so I guess I could get used to it.

Licks and hugs
Zig

Radio said...

I agree with Andrew, i mean, hot water bottle instead of two gingers? c'mon!!!!!

Anna, you could train Zig to retrieve a bird backwards, that'd give something to talk about, in fact, Charlie Morph and Hamish, shall we? all four of us for the HVS/C novice working tests next year? (our careers may be compromised, but not for long, we'd be FAMOUS)

Radio said...

p: this previous one is from Vigo, not Radio, but Radio is still the username, can't change it else it'll change on Radio's blog ;-(?

Anonymous said...

Hi Vigo,

I love that idea. That is my next thing to train. Will be so funny.

Back out to bird/dummy, pick it up and turn around to come back!!!

If I can do it I will video it. Not sure it will be a success.

Good luck at the working tests. I would love to start competing with Zig but prefer agility.

Could you let me know where I can learn about working tests and how much retrieving it includes as Ziggi is pants at that.

Thanks
Anna

Rez said...

For working tests try the HV society web page. They run one every year and often do training events also. We have never been to any 'cos their in England but Daddy promised we would try to go next year. Also try the German shorthaired pointer club site (we train with the Highland Group, they have a web page too.) I know some of the GSP clubs meet often to train.

Working tests do involve alot of retrieving as they are ment to demonstrate natural hunting and retrieving skills out of the shooting season. However even though Zala is a goody goody and does ok at them you could just be like me and mess about in front of everyone in public at the inter branch test.......... not embarassing at all!!

Most of all their ment to be fun and not as daunting field trials.

Good luck with the training

xx

Allison Walton said...

Hey there Rez and Zala!

We found your blog through the Dughallmor Beagle's site. You are both so beautiful! We had a Vizsla friend near us, but she had to go live in another state and we miss her!

Will you be our friends?
Wuv,
Gus and Waldo

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Hey Zala....was that you Rosie was wrooing at earlier in Roseisle? Near the bench? If it was, you're on our blog!
Slobbers xx